Friday, July 10, 2009

Painting of the Week

Here is a painting I've been working on for my grandparents. It speaks of traveling with all your belongings, your comforts, and never taking the chance to step completely outside of what you know and are familiar with, simply because you are afraid. They really love Bermuda, but my grandmother's health is failing and she rarely leaves the house anymore. My grandfather loves to travel, but being the good husband he is, he feels he cannot leave her alone. They commissioned me to do a painting that will hang over their fireplace, and their entire condo is some shade of tan (if that is even a real color). I feel like this will bring some color, cheer, and maybe even inspiration into their home. I hope they like it.

Here is the revised version of my winnie the pooh book cover...

...the text is now more nostalgic, appropriate for its time, and not as overpowering.

No comments:

Post a Comment